Gin Lovers Unite For GINcredible Events!
Thursday 28th April 2016
ONE of the biggest names leading the gin resurgence, Diageo, will host a number of free tasting sessions at venues across the UK to celebrate GINcredible Week this May.
Diageo is the business behind bartenders’ favourite brand Tanqueray, packaged in iconic green bottles with each one carrying the signature red wax seal – the official stamp of Tanqueray quality passed through generations.
In partnership with premium hotel and bar operator Cairn Group, gin tasting parties are taking place at a number of the UK’s most popular drinking spots from Edinburgh to London between Wednesday 4 May and Saturday 7 May 2016.
‘Ginthusiasts’ will enjoy an educational experience and tasters of the complete Tanqueray selection which is one of the world’s most celebrated through perfect serves and gin-based cocktails created especially for the event.
Find your nearest Gin Tasting Party at one of the following participating venues:
North East England
Fast ginful facts
- The elegant Art Deco lines of the Tanqueray No.Ten Gin bottle evoke the 1920-30s golden age of gin cocktails.
- Did you know the pineapple featured on the Tanqueray crest is a traditional symbol of hospitality, quality and discernment?
- The recently re-released Tanqueray Malacca Gin is based on an original recipe from Charles Tanqueray’s 1832 recipe book.
- The term “Dutch Courage” derives from the 30 Years War when soldiers drank ‘Dutch gin’ before going into battle.
- Gin and vermouth, garnished with an olive or twist of lemon – the ‘Martini’ is perhaps the world’s best-known cocktail.
- Not only did the Old Tom Still survive the WWII London bombings, it is still used to make London Dry today.
- It takes nine months to master the art of ‘nosing’, when a Gin Distiller can tell the difference between a good and bad sample.