Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
At Cairn Group we take seriously our responsibility to help prevent the crime of modern slavery and human trafficking across our own business as well as that of our partners and suppliers.
As part of our commitment, we ensure that our workers are not being exploited, that our work environment is safe, and that all employment, health & safety and human right laws are fully adhered to.
Our Human Rights Policy embodies and reinforces our commitment to these and other key guiding principles, and applies to all Cairn Group companies as well as to our partners and suppliers.
Cairn Group acknowledges and respects the principles contained in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and this Human Rights Policy reflects the Company’s commitment to conduct its business in a manner consistent with these principles, and to protect human rights within the company’s sphere of influence. The Company demonstrates responsible workplace practices, and endeavours to conduct its business operations in a manner that is free from complicity in human rights abuses. The Company is committed to ethical business practices and good corporate citizenship, and acknowledges supports and protects human rights wherever it can. As a responsible Company, we believe that strong ethics and good business go hand in hand. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable human rights laws and regulations and our Human Rights Policy is available to all employees.
To demonstrate our commitment to human rights we:
- Support the protection of human rights, particularly those of our colleagues, the parties we do business with and the communities where we operate
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment
- Support the elimination of employment discrimination and promote diversity in the workplace
- Provide our colleagues with remuneration and tools for their roles, and take their well-being into consideration
- Conduct our business with honesty and integrity in compliance with applicable laws
- Develop and implement company procedures and processes to ensure we comply with this policy.
- Do not support forced and compulsory labour or the exploitation of children
ETHICAL BUSINESS CONDUCT
We require that business be conducted with honesty and integrity, and in full compliance with all applicable laws. Company policies establish clear ethical standards and guidelines for how we do business and establish accountability. All company employees are required to obey the law and comply with specific standards relating to legal obligations, ethics, and business conduct.
As part of our procurement process, we periodically vet our partners and suppliers to identify and help prevent potential modern slavery or human trafficking risks in our supply chain. We expect our partners and suppliers to ensure that they either have equivalent policies to ours or that they abide by our policies.